We’re on the lookout for the best ways to maximize your travel balance with the best credit card deals on the market. The Chase Sapphire Preferred Refer a Friend program comes with a lucrative incentive to invite your friends to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred Credit Card is one of the best travel rewards credit cards on the market today. Between the current signup bonus, along with 2x earning potential on travel and food – the Sapphire card is quite popular among consumers.
What makes this card even more lucrative for travelers is that Chase periodically offers current Sapphire Preferred card holders the ability to quickly earn more points through their referral program. Ultimate Rewards Points – the type of miles you can earn with the Sapphire, Ink Plus, Ink Bold and Chase Freedom products, are some of the most valuable on the credit card market.
Chase Sapphire Preferred Referrals
Currently, Chase Sapphire Preferred card holders who invite their friends to apply for the current offer will receive 10,000 bonus points per referral. You can invite as many people as you want for up to a total of 50,000 points (5 people) within one year. At their bare-bones valuation, Ultimate Rewards Points are worth 1 cent / point, which means that 10,000 UR points are worth at a minimum, $100.
However, when you look at the redemption options within the Chase Ultimate Rewards Portal, as well as the flexibility to transfer points to premium airline and hotel programs, they’re really worth closer to 2 cents / point.
Note that the opportunity to earn points for referrals comes and goes. Currently, you can invite friends and family members until June 5th, 2016. If your friends are approved, they must use their card by October 6th, 2016 in order for you to receive the referral bonus. Want to see if you’re eligible for to refer a friend? Scroll down for the simple step by step process.
Looking for a Chase Sapphire Preferred Referral? You can use my link to apply for the Chase Sapphire Card – currently 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 in your first three months!
How to Offer a Chase Sapphire Preferred Referral
- Visit www.chasereferafriend.com and enter the information on the form on the right side of the page. You’ll need to enter your Last Name, Zip Code and the Last 4 Digits on your credit card. Be sure you enter this information accurately or you will not be able to continue!
- On the next page, you’ll see another form where you need to enter your friend(s) first name and their email address. Input up to 10 friends and then hit “Send Invitations”.
- Once the invitations go out, your friends should receive an email within one week from Chase indicating that you sent them an offer to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card.
- As long as your referrals apply for the card, are approved and then use their card within 4 months, you’ll receive 10,000 Ultimate Rewards points to your Chase account. It takes between 6 and 8 weeks for you to receive the referral bonus from the date of your friends first purchase with their new card. These points will appear on your statement denoted by “Refer-a-Friend” bonus.
Note that you can also send out your referral link to both Facebook and Twitter. Simply click the Twitter and or Facebook buttons on the Chase Sapphire Referral page. You’ll be asked to login to your account. The next screen will show either an already filled out Tweet or Facebook post, which you’ll need to confirm and send out yourself. If you have a lot of social followers, this is another very fast way to rack up 50k bonus points!
We’ve received some questions related to the emails new customers receive from Chase. Note that providing your friends email in order to offer the referral does not enroll them in any Chase mailings. The emails are only used by Chase to send the referral offer.
The Current Chase Sapphire Preferred Offer
The Chase Sapphire Preferred offer currently available on the market comes with one of the highest signup bonuses they’ve ever had. That being said, now may be a good time to apply. In the past, they’ve had 50,000 signup offers – which you could earn after spending $3,000 within the first three months. This time around, you can earn 50,000 but the spend threshold has increased to $4,000 within your first 3 months.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That’s $625 in travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- $0 foreign transaction fees, plus chip-enabled for enhanced security and wider acceptance when used at a chip card reader
- 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs at full value — that means 1,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points equal 1,000 partner miles/points
- Travel and shop with confidence with premium Travel and Purchase Protection Benefits, including Trip Cancellation/Trip Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Purchase Protection and more
- 24/7 direct access to dedicated customer service specialists
- Introductory Annual Fee of $0 the first year, then $95