This Chase Savings Account Bonus review is part of our travel deals series. Note that there are numerous Chase savings bonus coupon offers around that vary in value which are currently active this year. Check back often as promotions update frequently!
Promotional offers are a great way to maximize your travel account balance. Thus far, we’ve found some lucrative bonus offers from a variety of reputable banking institutions. As far as Chase goes, the most popular savings account bonus out there is a combo-offer.
Currently, many of these are available until February 2016 (though they are frequently extended depending on the offer).
Essentially, Chase Bank is offering new customers (who have coupon codes) up to $500 if they open both a Chase Total Checking account and setup direct deposit, while also opening a new Chase Savings Account with a deposit of at least $15,000. The deposit must occur within 10 business days of opening your new account.
The balance must also be maintained for at least 90 days to receive the bonus!
If you complete these steps, Chase will deposit your bonus in your checking account.
Chase has been on a roll recently with their promotional deposit account bonuses. These bonus offers are frequently offered in a targeted manner – either by way of physical mail or within your Chase credit card account. I’ve personally received numerous printable coupon codes within my Chase Sapphire Preferred account. We’ll list out the ones we know are making the rounds below.
Combo Offer #1: Chase Total Checking $ 300 Bonus & Chase Savings $ 200 Bonus
- You need to ensure that you haven’t opened a Chase savings account within the past calendar year. If your 12 month window is up, you may be eligible to receive the signup bonus if you use a $200 savings account coupon code and open the account at your nearest Chase branch. If you’ve opened a Chase checking account, but not a savings account, you should still be able to open a savings and acquire the signup bonus.
- Note that these offers are targeted, so customers need to bring print out their coupon code documentation and bring it to their local Chase Bank branch. You may be able to pay a small price on Ebay for a Chase bonus offer coupon code.
- Make sure that the expiration date on your Chase bonus offer has not passed
- Bring your Chase bonus coupon code to the nearest branch (search for Chase branches here)
- UPDATE: You may also be able to open a Chase checking and or Chase savings account bonus online at Chase.com/savings and Chase.com/checking. When prompted, enter a coupon code if you’ve been able to acquire one.
- If you’re opening a Chase Total Checking account for the bonus — setup direct deposit within 10 business days
- If you’re opening a Chase SavingsSM account, deposit $15,000 within 10 business days and keep that balance for a full 90 days
- Chase will deposit your earned bonus within 10 business days after maintaining your 90 day, $15,000 balance
Combo Offer #2 – Chase Total Checking $ 150 Bonus & Chase Savings $ 100 Bonus
Steps to get the Chase Total Checking $150 and $100 Chase Savings Account Bonus (Largely the same as above)
- Acquire a Chase Combo Signup Bonus Coupon (Check your mailbox, Chase credit card account, or buy one on Ebay)
- Again, ensure you haven’t opened a Chase account in the last calendar year
- Bring your coupon code to a local branch (this is the ONLY way you can get this bonus offer from Chase)
- Setup Direct Deposit to your new Chase Total Checking Account within 10 business days
- Deposit $10,000 dollars in new money to your new Chase Savings account within 10 business days of account opening
- Maintain that balance for 90 days
- Chase will deposit your $100 bonus within 10 business days after all requirements are completed
Single Offer #3 – Chase SavingsSM $ 100 Bonus
Here are the terms directly from Chase to acquire the $100 Bonus Offer:
- Earn a $100 bonus when you open a CHASE SAVINGSSM account*, deposit a total of $10,000 or more in new money in 10 days, and maintain a $10,000 balance for 90 days**
- Access 15,500 Chase ATMs and 5,400 branches
- GET MORE FROM EVERY MOMENT: From innovative features to trusted service – Chase gives you the opportunity to do more
- Chase QuickDepositSM lets you deposit checks almost anytime, anywhere with the ease of taking a picture. Just point, snap, and deposit.1
- Chase QuickPaySM lets you pay people without cash or checks. Use it to send money to virtually anyone who has an email address or mobile number.2
- Link this account to your Chase checking account for Overdraft Protection
What You Get with a Chase Total Checking Account in addition to the Bonus
- Chase Checking customers get access to over 15,500 Chase ATMs and 5,400 Chase Branches around the country
- Chase Deposit Friendly ATMs make it easy to deposit new money — no deposit slips or envelopes
- 24/7 Customer Service Access
- Chase Online Bill Pay — Comes with Chase Total Checking Accounts
What You Get with a Chase SavingsSM Account in addition to the Bonus
- Current Chase Savings Account APY is 0.01% as of 7/20/15 (Check out higher APY savings accounts we recommend here)
- Deposit checks simply by taking a picture over their secure mobile app
- Pay or receive money quickly and securely with Chase QuickPaySM
- If you’re worried about overdrawing your account — simply link it to your Chase personal checking account
Avoid Fees With Your New Chase Savings Account (If you don’t do one of these, you’ll be charged $ 5 per month)
- Minimum daily balance of $300 must be maintained in your new Chase Savings Account
- Have at least one repeating monthly $25 automatic transfer or more from your Chase Checking account via Chase online banking
- Link your Savings Account with a Chase Premier Checking, Chase Platinum Checking or Chase Private Client Checking Account
- Do not exceed 6 monthly withdrawals from your Chase Savings Account
We gave the Chase Savings Account promotion a 4.5 / 5 rating – given the weak interest rate.