This Fidelity American Express Card Review is part of our travel deals series. We’re on a mission to search for the best ways to maximize your travel and rewards balance.
The Fidelity Investment Rewards American Express card is one of the best “cash back” rewards credit cards out there. Right now, Fidelity and American Express are offering a 5,000 bonus point signup bonus (translates into $50 cash back) after you make $500 in purchases on your new card within the first 60 days of account opening. It was voted “Best Flat Rate Rewards Credit Card” by Money Magazine in 2014, and also granted the Editor’s Choice Award at Cardratings.com.
So what makes the Fidelity AMEX credit card so special? For starters, it offers an incredibly competitive 2% cash back on ALL purchases. Not only is this cash back rate double what most other cash back credit cards offer in the marketplace, your earned rewards can be deposited into your eligible Fidelity investment account. Therefor, you could exponentially increase your earnings above and beyond 2% cash back over time. There is also NO ANNUAL FEE.
- You can calculate your 20 year hypothetical earned reward value with the Fidelity American Express card here.
Fidelity American Express card holders will earn unlimited 2% cash back on all purchases — from groceries, to dining and gasoline. Unlimited means no monthly or yearly caps on your reward earnings. Cash back is redeemable for cash deposits directly into a specified and eligible Fidelity account. When you apply for the Fidelity American Express card, simply provide your investment account number on the secure application for redemption’s to be automatically claimed. (More on eligible accounts below)
Eligible Fidelity Investment Accounts for Fidelity AMEX Deposits
Any of the following Fidelity Investment Accounts are eligible for cash rewards deposits earned on the Fidelity American Express card.
- Brokerage account
- Fidelity® Cash Management Account
- Fidelity-managed 529 account
- Retirement account
Fidelity American Express Card Offer Details
- 5,000 point signup bonus after $500 in spend within the first 60 days of account opening
- Earn 2% cash back on all purchases with no limits or reward caps
- Every $2,500 spent equates to a $50 deposit
- Deposit cash back into one account, or split it between up to 5 Fidelity accounts
- Family members can link their Fidelity American Express cards to your Fidelity account
- No annual fee
- 0% Introductory APR for 12 billing cycles on any balance transfers made in the first 60 days, after that, 13.99% APR
- Travel benefits – which include car rental coverage and damage insurance (Details)
- Retail purchase protection offered on items purchased with your card (Details)
- Built-in fraud protection
- 24/7 customer support
Apply for the Fidelity American Express Card
Whenever applying for a new credit card, always read the fine print on the issuers application page to make sure you understand the offer fully before applying. Card details presented in this post were accurate at the time of writing, and are presented without warranty. Credit card offers change frequently, including APRs and signup bonuses. Consumers and business professionals looking to apply for the Fidelity American Express card can call Fidelity at 1-877-518-9002. You can also apply for the Fidelity Investment Rewards American Express card online at their secure site.
If you have been pre-selected and received this offer by mail, visit Fidelity at this link, and enter your personal secure offer code.