Starwood and Uber Promotion — SPG Members Earn More Starpoints with Uber
Uber enthusiasts who are also Starwood Preferred Guest members now have an even greater incentive to ride with Uber. The Starwood and Uber partnership has been in effect since earlier this 2015, and as far as we know will continue onwards.
What does this mean for SPG and Uber members? An opportunity to earn additional Starpoints whenever you ride in Uber. Essentially, SPG members will earn additional Starpoints in addition to regular Starwood earnings.
- SPG Preferred, Gold & Platinum + Platinum with 75 night members will earn an additional 1 point per dollar spent on all Uber purchases.
- BONUS: If you also ride Uber whilst staying at a Starwood property, Preferred members earn an additional 2 Starpoints. Gold & Platinum members can earn an additional 3, and Platinum members with 75 nights will earn an additional 4. Basically, as long as you’re riding Uber DURING your stay at a Starwood property, you’ll be eligible for additional Starwood bonus points.
According to Uber – “72% of the more than 290 cities where Uber operates feature a Starwood hotel”
See below for the current SPG / Uber Earnings Chart
How to Sign Up and Link your Starwood Preferred Guest account with Uber
- Visit spg.com/uber and Click “LINK ACCOUNTS”
- You’ll be prompted to sign in to your SPG Account – Do so
- Click SIGN IN TO UBER or SIGN UP FOR UBER
- Once you’ve signed in, your SPG and Uber accounts will be linked
- You’re done, sit back and start earning — but make sure you complete at least one stay at a Starwood property to be eligible!
Terms & Conditions Worth Noting for the Starwood and Uber Promotion
- You must be an active SPG member to be eligible for this promotion
- You must sign up for the Starwood and Uber promotion using the same name and email address for both programs
- SPG Customer must have stayed at a Starwood property atleast once in the current calendar year
- Bonus Starpoints with Uber are only credited on up to $10,000 in spend
- Starpoints typically post to your SPG account 2 – 4 weeks following an eligible and completed Uber ride
Watch a short video regarding the relatively recent partnership between Starwood Preferred Guest and Uber. At the time, SPG and Uber were offering an additional 15,000 Starpoints to SPG members. While this promotion has since expired, it’s still pretty cool to see what these two programs have been doing together. We’ll keep you posted if we see any additional promotional offers from Starwood and Uber.